By APEI Press Agency
See my news
Do you want to fill in the gaps in your initial learning, increase your professional skills, return to English, or on a more personal level learn how to play the guitar or make macrame: tell yourself that there are must-haves on the Internet online formation appropriate to your needs.
MOOK (pronounced mouk or mok as you wish) massive open online courses (massive open online courses in English). They were invented by major American universities such as Harvard or MIT.
Today, there are many distance learning platforms and MOOCs. We find some In all areas : IT, science, engineering, human resources, business management, marketing, accounting, finance, artistic activities, new technologies, etc.
It’s hard to navigate this jungle of online learning.
Ask the Right Questions
Therefore, there can be no question of running blindly. Moreover, to benefit from a MOOC, you will have to devote time and effort to it.
Before signing up, ask yourself the right questions about Suggested course content Q: Does this exactly suit my needs? Do I have the necessary prerequisites? Do I have the required time to complete the training? Are the teachers known in their specialty? Do they already have posts?
Then check studying proccess. Is it only lectures without interaction with the teacher? Are there practical exercises, opportunities for interaction with other participants (forum, curated working groups)?
Favor well-known MOOCs
To choose your MOOC, it is better to choose platforms are already well mentioned on educational websites. Thus, Pôle Emploi has created an online service that brings together well-known and recognized applications, MOOCs and various collaboration tools to create discussion groups according to topics.
Not all online learning is free. But there are many mechanisms for their financing. The job search service transmits a lot of information in order to find funding.
Among the most serious platforms, we note:
- FUN, the French Digital University, was created by the Ministry of Education.
- EDX is a non-profit platform created by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology that hosts many online courses for colleges.
- The European leader in e-learning OpenClassrooms offers a catalog of over 1000 online courses.
- Google Digital Workshops: An Essential Reference for Digital Jobs.
- HandiMOOC: The first MOOC in France dedicated to finding jobs for people with disabilities. HandiMOOC is a free online training that supports beneficiaries during the job search stages with tools and tips.
Was this article helpful to you? Please note that you can subscribe to Actu in the My Actu space. In one click after registration you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.