Say no more UCA for Cote d’Azur University… “We’ll find another acronym. It was taken the day before by the University of Clermont-Auvergne” President Jeanic Brisswalter smiles. Rector of a university “research intensive, responsible and humane”. And for “strong international influence”. With originality. He knows how to break down walls. “We position ourselves for interdisciplinary excellence. We work on interfaces,” Jeanic Brisswalter says.
For example, the Covid crisis. “We clearly saw that this is a topic that is viewed from the perspective of health, but also from an economic point of view. And psychological. We will continue to strengthen the interdisciplinary relationship.” Another strong focus for this year 2022-2023: “Employment of our students.”
Some great projects:
– Leaving the status of an experimental enterprise:
IDEX – for Initiative of Excellence – can only be permanent “If and only if the University leaves the status of an experimental public institution”. This will be the case in 2023. “We hope to be a great institution [un autre statut, NDLR]”, explains Jeanick Brisswalter. This “Continue to be a 21st century university…” (1)
– “We are finalizing the Parcoursup report”, “Training” vice-president Stefan Azuley noted. “There was a 16% increase in our applications. A 30% increase in first intention confirms requests, which shows our attractiveness,” he explained. Always the same formations in tension: Law, Staps and psycho.
End of transitions! “We are developing in all LAS”, Stefan Azoulay says. “It’s a somewhat national movement that responds to research on the impact of reform.” health studies. (2)
– Health department: access to care will be developed in all campuses. “We already opened a health center in Saint-Jean-d’Angely last March. Now we can make appointments on Doctolib”Laëtitia Cochin, Vice President “Student Life” explains.
– Social component: a novelty this year with the possibility for a student to obtain emergency accommodation within a few days. Thanks to the agreement with the youth hostel, the system is finalized.
“We will not touch training and research”, Jeanick Brisswalter assures. Get it: No long holidays this winter as Strasbourg decides to save on energy bills. “We have added 3 million manats to our budget”, – says the president. But, “It shouldn’t affect students”. A task force is being formed to find solutions to bring down the bill.
1. Being an experimental institution allowed the University of the Côte d’Azur some freedoms in terms of autonomy and courage, such as the separation of departments between teaching, research and innovation. Take advantage of the potential of the 18 members that make up the University of the Côte d’Azur.
2. PASS is the Access Pathway to Specialty Health where health education is paramount. LAS is a Health Access License that places the health option in small.